Saturday, May 5, 2012

Doing Good In The Hood



I just got home from the 2012 Walk for Wishes, a fundraising event for the Michigan Make A Wish Foundation.  It was held at the Detroit Zoo, 2,800 walkers were there, the animals were out (sorry no pics).  It is roughly a 2 1/2 mile walk around the zoo.  Wholefoods provided the walkers breakfast and Cosi provided the lunches.

I have participated in events like this in the past, but I was inspired by an article in Outdoor Athlete titled "12 T-Shirts".  The author participated in one physically active event a month for one year, some charitable, some not and collected 12 t-shirts. These events always give t-shirts to the participants.  I was proud to put on my first t-shirt and support a good cause.


The Michigan Make A Wish Foundation has granted 7,000 wishes for Michigan Children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Your Two Cents?