Wednesday, June 15, 2011

In The Works- Two Options


From the May/June Issue of Crochet Today I wanted to put my spin on the Traveling Tank designed by Linda Permann.  I picked out the perfect pattern from Butterick to make the tank top.  Of course a store bought tank would have done the job just fine, but then I would not have had the satisfaction of saying I made this, when I proudly wear it into the world.


Okay, so I have the pattern, Butterick B5651(fast and easy just like I like' em)  and I have an idea of making the tank out of white gauze and the trim in a shade of purple.  Joann's did not have anymore white gauze and I was not walking out of the store without any fabric, that would be absurd *giggles*, so I regrouped and switched to pink gauze.  I would just have to match it up with some yarn at home because I have plenty.  Below are the two options I came up with.


I know pink and yellow compliment each other well, but something about the pink and turquoise intrigues me.  It is bright and definitely colorful and if I am to remain true to creating and wearing more colorful pieces this season, the turquoise is the right option. 

I just don't know if I can pull it off in the real world?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Your Two Cents?